City MP Stewart Jackson has welcomed news that crime is falling. Latest figures from the independent Office for National Statistics show that since 2010 recorded crime in Cambridgeshire has fallen by 21%.
The Government is following an action plan to tackle crime by:
- Freeing the police to fight crime by cutting red tape and scrapping unnecessary targets
- Giving criminals tougher sentences so communities are protected and justice is done
- Giving the police the powers they need to tackle criminals, using the latest tools and techniques
- Stopping people from becoming criminals by tackling the root causes of crime
- Making the police answer to the community to help drive down crime in your area
Commenting, local MP Stewart Jackson said:
‘We want Britain to be an even safer place for everyone who lives here. That’s why we are following an action plan to tackle crime.
‘Thanks to our plan, and the hard work of police officers, recorded crime is down by 21% in Cambridgeshire
‘Families are safer and more secure – and Peterborough can enjoy a better, brighter future.’